Can you believe that we started Birdorable way back in 2006?! To celebrate our 10th anniversary, we will start our annual Birdorable Bonanza this Friday, revealing a new bird each day for 10 days. We'll share the birds here on the blog and on our Facebook page, so stay tuned!
Get ready to be excited, because tomorrow we will start a new Birdorable Bonanza!
If you've been following us for a while, here on the blog or on our Facebook page, then you'll know that during a 'bonanza' we add a new Birdorable bird to our site every day. We've done this every year for the last 6 years (see the archived blog posts here: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009). This year is no different, and we're happy to announce that this year's bonanza will last all the way to Christmas! That's right, we will be adding a new cute bird every day from December 1st through December 25th.
It's like an advent calendar, but with cute birds! Every day leading up to Christmas we will share a bird on the blog and on Facebook. We have prepared lots of great birds from around the world, and each one has been requested by someone who contacted us.
As usual, we will also post a preview image each day so you can guess what the next bird will be. Here's the first one. This supercute bird is very small and can be found in Cuba:
Welcome to our completely renewed website! As you can see it looks quite a bit different from before and we've added some new features as well, which are listed below. We hope you like the new look! Let us know in the comments below or via our contact form if you have any feedback or issues with the site.
- The homepage now features a "Bird a day" and several other new things including a large slider and counter for the number of birds. We've been very busy with the new website but have some new birds to add soon, so check back in the coming weeks for some new Birdorables!
- You can now log in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google, Windows Live or LinkedIn account by using the "Login / register" link at the top. Once logged in you can upload an avatar to go with your comments, you won't need to enter your name and a captcha each time you leave a comment, you can pick your favorite birds in Meet the Birds, and you can download coloring pages and other fun things in our Downloads section.
- Previously we would only have a limited number of coloring pages available at a time. From now on all coloring pages are in our Downloads section and they will stay there. We currently have 88 different coloring pages available and we'll add more in the future. You do need to be logged in to download them, but it only takes a second to log in using one of the social media sites. We have also implemented a limit of 10 downloads per 30 days. If you need to download more files for an event or for another specific purpose please contact us with your request.
- The new and improved Search allows you to search the whole site by keyword and filter the results by Designs, Products, Birds, Articles and Downloads.
- The Meet the Birds area has been revamped with a new Browse Birds page with bigger pictures and an easier way to find birds. Type a keyword on the left to instantly update the results and click one of the two icons in the top-right to switch the pictures between full bird and head only.
- You can pick your favorite birds by visiting a bird page (for instance Abyssinian Ground Hornbill) and clicking the new Add to Favorites button. Click the My Favorites page to view all your favorites. When you're logged in your favorites will be remembered.
- Click Random Bird to let us surprise you with a random bird species. This is a great way to learn new birds.
- Each bird page now has a Gifts tab where you can view all products with that bird species. It is also easier now to see a list of all the birds featured on a product or design to jump back to the meet pages of those birds.
- On the Conservation Statuses page you can learn about the different categories from the IUCN Red List and then view all birds in that category, from Least Concern to Extinct.
- Our shop has been completely updated with new ways to find products and bigger pictures. You can browse all our 1,500+ designs or search by product type.
- The new Birdorable Gift Finder allows you to filter our thousands of products by age, recipient, interest, budget and more. This part is still in beta as we're testing it out. We'd love your feedback on this.
- Previously our store contained products of both CafePress and Zazzle. We have moved all our designs to Zazzle and the site now only features products from our fulfillment partner Zazzle, which simplifies things. Check out this page with Zazzle Coupon Codes for the latest discount codes that you can use.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas! :) Can you identify all the birds in this tree?
Our sixth annual Birdorable Bonanza will begin tomorrow! Each year we reveal a number of birds in a burst we like to call our Birdorable Bonanza. You can check out what the previous years were like here: 2009; 2010; 2011; 2012; 2013. This Bonanza will be short and sweet: from November 16 through November 22 we will reveal a new species each day on Birdorable. At the end we'll have a whopping 565 different species on Birdorable.com! Here's a sneak peek at the first bird in this year's Bonanza, a small bird of prey with a short, magical name. Can you guess which species will start things off?
Summer is here, and that means that it's time for another Birdorable Bonanza! Our first Bonanza was in 2009, when we introduced 17 new birds, leading up to #200, the Dodo. In 2010 we added 18 birds, finishing with the Secretary Bird. In 2011 we added 19 birds and finished with Birdorable #350, the Carolina Parakeet. And last year we revealed 22 new species, ending with our 400th Birdorable, the Eurasian Eagle-Owl. That brings us to this year. For 2013, we're going big - REALLY BIG - and adding a new bird every day in July until we reveal our 500th species on July 31st! Whew, that's a lot of birds! Tomorrow kicks off with our first bird, a large, distinctive species found in sub-Saharan Africa. Can you guess what it will be?